How Our Office Collects, Uses and Discloses Patients'
Our office understands the importance of protecting your personal information. To help you understand how we are doing that, we have outlined here how our office is using and disclosing your information.
This office will collect, use and disclose information about you for the following purposes:
- to assess your health needs
- to deliver safe and efficient patient care
to establish and maintain communication with you ie. Billing, distribute health-care information,
- to communicate with other treating health-care providers, including specialists and general dentists who are the referring dentists and/or peripheral dentists
- for teaching and demonstrating purposes on an anonymous basis
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including the delivery of patients'
charts and records to the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario in a timely fashion, when required, according to the provisions of the Regulated Health Professions Act
- to comply with agreements/undertakings entered into voluntarily by the member with the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, including the delivery and/or review of patients' charts and records to the College in a timely fashion for regulatory and monitoring purposes
- to permit potential purchasers, practice brokers or advisors to evaluate and audit the dental practice for a practice sale
- to deliver your charts and records to the dentist's insurance carrier to enable the insurance company to assess liability and quantify damages, if any
- to prepare materials for the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB)
- to comply generally with the law
Your information may be accessed by regulatory authorities under the terms of the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) for the purposes of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario fulfilling its mandate under the RHPA, and for the defence of a legal issue.
Our office will not under any conditions supply your insurer with your confidential medical history. In the event this kind of a request is made, we will forward the information directly to you for review, and for your specific consent.
You may withdraw your consent for use or disclosure of your personal information, and we will explain the ramifications of that decision, and the process.
Shops at Don Mills Dentistry - Dr. Bill Lam
6 Maginn Mews